Help Inc. has moved to the Community Care Center in Elk City! Services in the new office began in February 2011.
Help Inc. is one of the nonprofit social service agencies that has moved to the newly established Community Care Center, the former National Guard Armory on Avenue E between Randall and Washington. Work began to convert the former armory in 2010 with most of the nonprofits housed there having re-opened their doors in 2011.
â€œRev. Jesse McKinnon spearheaded and made possible the transformation of the Armory, and we are grateful for his leadership,â€ said Jim Rule, Help Inc. Board of Trustees President. â€œWe thank the City of Elk City for making Jesse and the Ministerial Allianceâ€™s vision possible.â€
Locating the nonprofit agencies together provides a one-stop service center for individuals in need. The Care Center now houses the following organizations:
- ACTION Associates, Inc. – Phone: (580) 243-5913. Fax (580) 243-5914.
- HELP, Inc. â€“ (580) 243-0770 http://www.helpincec.org/
- Red Cross â€“ (580) 225-2156 http://www.redcross.org/
- Western Oklahoma Family Care Center (WOFCC) – (580) 225-5500 http://www.westokfcc.com
- Salvation Army â€“ The WOFCC is the local agent for the Salvation Army and manages their financial assistance program.
- HOPE Medical and Dental clinic – The WOFCC is the local agent for the clinics
- Baptist Disaster Relief â€“ The emergency vehicles supporting emergency response to natural and manmade disasters are housed in the Care Center